The first thing many content experts think when they hear “article rewriter” is plagiarism. The word association is understandable because most people use article rewriters to mask the fact that they have plagiarized content.
But there’s more to article rewriting tools than copycat behavior. We’ll show you how to use them to improve the content you’ve written and optimize your posts for search engines. Then, we’ll walk you through how to use them for best results — plus, our top 6 article rewriters.
When and for what should you use an article spinner?
Article rewriter tools use artificial intelligence (AI) or established algorithms to change the structure of an existing article. They may swap words for their synonyms, move sentences around, paraphrase, and sometimes, restructure entire paragraphs to create unique content.
We’ve already established that using a content spinner to rephrase another person’s content is a shady tactic. We don’t recommend that. Still, there are several ethical ways to use an article spinner tool.
To improve written content: Content marketers and copywriters are constantly on the lookout for better ways to articulate ideas and persuade readers. So, if you’re unsatisfied with a piece you’ve written or content for website pages, a rewriter can help polish your content.
Updating old articles for SEO: Perhaps you have written high-quality content, but you’re trying to keep your articles relevant and ranking. A text spinner can refresh and reword your content, making it seem brand new for search engines and visitors.
Large-volume content creation: Some article spinning tools offer extra features to expand your sentences and paragraphs by adding contextually relevant information. This will save you time and increase your productivity, especially when you have a backlog of articles to write.
How to use an article rewriter
Like many other tools, article rewriters need to be used skillfully to get the most out of them. These are our top three tips for getting the best out of your rewriter tool.
- Choose a worthy tool: We hate to be obvious, but it really begins here. You’ll find dozens of free tools that will simply move words and phrases around without much thought (yep, you need AI that thinks beyond algorithms!). The best article rewriter tools will make a good article better, not worse.
- Work in chunks: It’s tempting to paste your entire article and wait for a brand new one to pop out. But instead of throwing 500+ words at the AI, consider working paragraph by paragraph. This allows you to improve your copy on a sentence level, ensuring that the meaning is preserved through the spinning.
- Tweak spun articles: This step is crucial. Even the best AI technology will get it wrong once in a while. So, be sure to proofread and tweak output with your target audience in mind. If you have the time, we’re also fans of running your work through a reputable grammar checker.
6 best article rewriter tools to refresh your content
It’s showtime! We’ve scoured the web for the creme de la creme of rewriter tools to bring you a wide range of free and paid options. These are the best article spinners available.
- AI Article Spinner
- Small SEO Tools
- Prepost SEO
- Chimp Rewriter
With over 52 templates for tackling a wide range of content and copywriting needs, Jarvis is more than the average content spinner. It doesn’t just replace words and phrases in your text. It rethinks the content to make it more engaging, creative, and enjoyable to read.
Jarvis has several rewriting templates that help by simplifying, expanding, summarizing, and improving copy. These include the Explain It to a Child, Sentence Expander, Text Summarizer, and Content Improver templates. Here’s how the Content Improver template (our favorite for rewriting) works:
- Several rewriting templates to improve rewritten content, not just recycle
- Creates accurate, relevant content that requires little to no tweaking
- Trusted by 10,000+ copywriters and content marketers
- Target keywords on the Pro plan with the Surfer SEO integration
- Works in over 25 languages
- May not be for you if you want a synonym replacement spinner
- No free plan
Pricing: Plans start at $29/month.
2. AI article spinner
This online article rewriter replaces words with their synonyms to create unique content. Typically, this spinner replaces about 50% or less of your text with different words. Just paste your text into the box and hit “rewrite article” to get started. Keep in mind, though, that you’ll have to turn off your ad blocker to use this service.
Here’s the sample AI article spinner returned. We used the same text from this article as we did with Jarvis.
- Easy-to-use web-based service
- Highlights replaced synonyms, so you see where changes were made
- Offers rewriting in Human and Robot modes
- Allows you to check and fix grammar if needed
- Ads ruin the user interface and some of them are spammy links
- No creative changes made besides synonym replacement
Pricing: Free to use.
Spinbot is another article rewriter tool that substitutes words for their synonyms to create a new version of your content. While this service is more thorough in that it replaces nearly all the words of your text, sometimes the synonyms are contextually inaccurate.
Be prepared, too, to do a captcha for every rewrite to prove that you’re not a robot. Here’s a sample of rewritten text (the same copy we’ve used for all the examples so far).
- Replaces more words with synonyms than other replacement-based options
- Allows rewriting for up to 10,000 characters in one go
- Generous free plan
- Rewritten content is often full of complex, non-conversational language
- Synonyms do not often match the context (e.g. it replaces “content marketers” with “publicists,” which isn’t accurate)
Pricing: Paying subscribers using the web app pay $10/month, $50 for 6 months, and $75/year. There is also a free plan as well as a complicated credit system for developers.
4. Small SEO Tools
Small SEO Tools is an online platform with a variety of writing and SEO software to improve your content. Their free article rewriter tweaks original content to generate a different version. This tool also uses word replacement tactics, but only changes one or two words within the text. Here’s a sample:
- The platform has several other useful writing tools
- You can also check for grammar errors
- Plagiarism checker ensures unique content
- Poor rewriting service only changes one or two words
Pricing: Free to use
5. Prepost SEO
This online tool is also part of a set of writing and SEO tools from Prepost SEO. It offers rewriting services with the ability to change writing tone and choose between several synonym options to optimize your content.
Here’s the sample we received:
- Allows you to change content style between simple, creative, fluent, and advanced
- You can select the synonym of your choice to preserve the message of your copy
- Exclude certain words or phrases from being rewritten
- Synonym-based rewriting is off sometimes
Pricing: This tool is free to use
6. Chimp Rewriter
Chimp Rewriter is a downloadable rewriter tool powered by AI. With this content spinner, you can create multiple versions of your article in over five languages. Chimp Rewriter will also check your rewritten article for grammar to reduce the editing workload afterwards.
- Offers automatic rewriting with a chance to make manual changes
- Multilingual software allows rewriting in several languages
- Access to downloaded spell check, grammar checker, and thesaurus
- Format text and export to blog CMS after writing
- 14-day free trial
- Software must be downloaded to your computer to function
- Only compatible with Windows — Mac users need a Windows emulator
Pricing: Costs $15/month and $99/year.
Rewrite your content to greater heights
Content spinners get a bad rap because some people use them in unethical ways. Use them instead to get original content to new heights, on the page and on SERPs. To get the most out of article rewriting, though, you need to choose a great tool.
Which is the best article rewriter in the market? We say, Jarvis. You may find cheaper alternatives, but most — if not all — of the competition works by replacing words within the text. As you’ve seen from the sample generations, the difference is as clear as can be.
Want to give it a try? Sign up for Jarvis to get started.